#23 – 10 Politically Incorrect Reasons That Our Marriage Works [podcast]
February 26, 2014
I never thought making a list would improve my marriage!
Click to Listen
I originally saw Tony Morgan do something similar, and decided to give it a shot myself. Here are ten politically incorrect reasons that our marriage works:
- We still listen to our song.
- We stay in shape for each other.
- We date. A lot.
- We actively work on loving our in-laws.
- We’re committed to resolving conflicts before going to bed.
- She cooks for me…and enjoys it.
- I keep my head clean shaven for her.
- We hold hands everywhere we go…and sit close to each other at home and in public.
- I open the car door for her, even in the rain.
- We speak well of each other in public, even if the other person isn’t there.
Try this: Grab a piece of paper and sit down with your spouse. Make your own separate lists of ten reasons why you’re still married. Then share it with each other (on a date, or over coffee).
Categories: Family, Podcast